Temporary Storage Ques are important CICS storage facility to store data that must be available to other transactions in the same region.
Records stored in TSQs are called as ITEMs and can be referred seq. or directly by using the ITEM number.
Remains in the storage until it gets deleted or COLD start.
These can be set to delete automatically by settign expiry interval in TSMODEL resource information.
It can exist on main storage, Auxiliary storage, or shared temp. storage pools in z/os coupling facility.
– No need to allocate Temp. storage until it is required.
– We can keep it as long as we required.
– SIZE is not fixed until you issue a command to create it.
– Good choice for relatively high Volumes.
– It required more Processor Use.
– For every execution of TSQ, need to use exec CICS command which internally access Index. Thus it requires more processor use.
WRITEQ TS QNAME(q1)
NUMITEMS-> specifies thenumber of items that are in Q.
TDQs are generally used for auto Transaction initiation process. While defining TDQs in DCT entry, TRIGGER level parameter exceeds Transaction coded in DFHDCT gets initialed automatically.
– TDQs used to accumulate data before processing.
– Needs to be predefined
– Read is destructive after a record read, it will be deleted.
– Only Sequential read
– Intra & Extra TDQs
Difference Between TSQ & TDQs–>
– No need of pre-defining, TDQs needs to be defined in DCT.
– Read is not destructive , Destructive.
– Can be accessed Seq. or directly. Only sequential access is possible.
– TSQs can be opened INPUT and OUPUT mode. TDQs can not be opened in both input & output mode in same prog.