March 27, 2019
Legato Mainframe Interview questions
Legato Mainframe Interview questions Hyderabad
Below are the few interview questions that have been asked in a recently in first round at Legato Health care, Hyderabad
- Can we access the VSAM file only with the alternative index?
- Where in cobol program alternative index would be mentioned?
- I have 3 JOBS which are running parallel and updating a single table. How to control the concurrency issue here?
- In a Db2 table, I have 10 rows and I want to compare each of the record with the remaining records. How to achieve this?
- I have file which has some number of records and I want to count the number of records and write it at the last as a trailer.How can this be achieved?
- In a file, I want to replace all the low values with spaces. How this can be achieved?
- IN a file, I have records as below
And I need the output with the records that are duplicate
- I have file with records having First Name and Title as below
Requirement is to get the records that are with JR into a file, SR into another file etc. How this can be achieved in JCL?
- I have file with records in Random order and I wanted to display it in the reverse order using JCL. How can we do that?
If the records are in sorted order, this can be done using simple SORT card. But the records are in Random order and output should be just reversed so simple sort does not give correct results. Click to get the JCL –> JCL SORT To Revere the File Records
- What is the difference between DISP=OLD nad DISP=NEW
- I have a JCL with 5 steps which creates GDG versions in each step. If the job abends in first step and wants to restart it from 1st step how can we achieve that and are there any changes to the JOB?
- What are Scrollable cursors and how useful are these?
- What is the difference between -818 and -805? Generally which sql code we see and why?
- What is the difference in declaring a Cursor in Working storage against Procedure Division?
If anyone has any more please share it via comments.